.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.21.2007

How to attract pervy old men

A cautionary tale.

I have this dress that I have been wearing as a skirt since I got it. When worn as a skirt, it looks like a chambray (medium blue soft denim) full dirndl with a wide waistband and big pockets (and suspenders). I haven't been able to wear it as a dress because the waistband goes around the bust, and because I don't have the body of a 10-year-old boy, it makes me look like I am wearing a tent and housing an entire campground. This is the problem of having any kind of boobage and the current trend for babydoll or trapeze dresses - you look like you are about to give birth to an adolescent elephant.

But today I realized that if I lengthen the straps a little, and make it so that the band (the wide waistband) is a little lower - it actually looks good.

So, today I wore this dress with patent pleather ballet flats, black leggings, and a boat neck t shirt. I also wore a black skirt underneath so that it was a little longer and in case it was windy.

And boy howdy did the old pervy men flock to me.

I was whistled at, ogled, men slowed their cars down to stare, etc. It was so creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home