.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.10.2007

I know why the caged bird ... annoys the hell out of me

Someone in one of the buildings across the alley from me has a bird. I don't know what kind of bird it is - I've never seen it. But, every weekend, since the weather has gotten nice, the damned bird's owner puts it out on the back deck. And it annoys the hell out of me.

I like birds - but I don't like caged birds. I also don't like loud obnoxious birds that yell "help!" and sing at the top of their lungs (not bird songs - people songs) or that scream and scare the bejeezus out of me. And it whistles too. I hate whistling.

If it's too loud and obnoxious to keep inside - then it is really too loud and obnoxious to force on your neighbors.

Oh, and by the way, apologies all around to Maya Angelou, who I'm sure reads this blog, for bastardizing the title of her book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home