.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.28.2007

I seriously am going to hurl...

MSNBC host slams Bill O'Reilly for blaming dead mothers
RAW STORY
Published: Thursday June 28, 2007

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/MSNBC_host_outraged_at_Bill_OReilly_0628.html

MSNBC's Dan Abrams reported Wednesday on Fox News' Bill O'Reilly's comments on the murder-suicide of pro wrestler Chris Benoit.

O'Reilly had blamed Benoit's wife, as well as another recently-murdered woman, for their own deaths, saying, "In both of these terrible situations, the men involved were troubled and chaotic, and the women involved had to know that. ... Those ladies made big mistakes. They were obligated to protect their children ... They did not protect them."

"This is an absolute outrage," said Abrams, calling O'Reilly's statements "an insult to their families and all victims of violent crime."

MSNBC's legal analyst Susan Filan added, "This is sick! Men are flocking to the defense of men who kill women. ... It is a culture of enabling."

Abrams then spoke to radio talk show host John DePetro, who lost his own job in 2006 for gay-bashing remarks on-air and is now defending O'Reilly. "John, don't you think you should distance yourself from him on this one?" asked Abrams.

DePetro replied, "Bill O'Reilly, that's why he's striking a chord with people. Her number one priority should have been to protect that baby and protect the two year old. And she's lucky that the ... well, she's dead, but the two year old is alive."


So, women are charged completely with protecting their kids? Where's the blame for the men actually doing the killing?

By the way, I may have been offered my dream job today ... but I'm not sure. It's very confusing - we talked about salary (one was offered) and supervisors, locations, probationary periods, etc. And then I was asked to go meet with someone else, who told me they'd make a decision within the next couple of days. I don't know whether to send a follow-up email giving them the top 10 reasons they should hire me, or just rest on my laurels.

6 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

Could be good, about the dream job! I hope so!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger k8 said...

Best wishes towards the dream job!

And that o'Reilly news is going to give me nightmares. Absolutely horrid!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

Just when you think dudes like O'Reilly have plumbed the depths of assholehood, they find yet a new level.

My crossed fingers are crossed for you! You so deserve this!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

My fingers are crossed so hard they might snap off :)

By the way, I just figured out a way to work a clip from Flight of the Conchords into one of my lesson plans for next semester and that makes me happier than you can imagine.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger ding said...

of course, fingers crossed on dream job. hee!
and bill o'reilly needs to be spanked repeatedly by all these women he's so fond of blaming for their circumstance.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger EA said...

Hi, de-lurking here... I am appreciating your question: should I email with the top 10 reasons they should hire me, or rest on my laurels... I'm wondering if you made a decision, and how you decided...

Also, totally disgusted by O'Reilly...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home