.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.15.2007

It's like the boring version of "moonlighting."

This relationship has been a rollercoaster of minor proportions. I loved him from afar, and then all of a sudden, loved him from way too close. And then the way too close yielded a bit of discomfort and anxiety when we started actually interacting, which then became slight rejection when the interactions suddenly ended. The rejection turned to revulsion when he got a girlfriend, and the sex sounds began ... and revulsion turned to feud when he complained about me to our landlord.

And yet, despite this - my interest is piqued again.

The sex sounds, they have decreased. I no loner hear heels above me - and his moving-around-the-apartment sounds are back to a routine. I wonder if they have broken up. In the past 1.5 months, we've interacted 3 times (2 of those three times, I was in my pjs already). Last night he delivered a netflix video of mine that had been put into his box.* He had accidentally opened it - for which he was greatly apologetic (I actually accidentally opened one of his once too). After he left, I looked to make sure it wasn't an embarassing movie that he had seen. It kind of was - Ocean's 12. I'd never seen either Ocean's movie - and decided to when Ocean's 13 got so much positive attention. Although I liked the first one, it's not really my kind of movie. I was wishing that one of the political documentaries I have rented of late could have been what he found...

But, why am I worried when his favorite romantic movie scene is from I heart the huckabees? That's hardly high art nor intellectual fodder.

More importantly, why do I care what he thinks at all? And why do I have such ugly summer pajamas? Last night I was wearing men's baggy plaid shorts and an oversized men's baseball t shirt. So not cute. But again, why do I care? I've spent the last 6 or so months hating him ... why the need to impress?


* we're just lucky the mail carrier is putting them into boxes at all as this new person has a tendency to just dump all of our mail on the front stoop - leaving us to sort through it - and leaving it out in the open for anyone to steal.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

WOO HOO! No more sexy sounds from upstairs! That's good no matter what. You don't want to have to hear that mess.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home