.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.01.2007

Murphy's law

My interview for that job I interviewed for weeks and weeks ago is coming up this next week. And wouldn't you know it that I have had a major flare-up of that rare form of eczema that I get. My hands are covered with red, painful, liquid filled blisters. Very very attractive. Don't read this next part if you are grossed out easily .... but I keep popping them to deflate them (they are more painful when they are filled with liquid), but they keep refilling - and I swear I must create more each time I do that because every time I look at my hands, there are new ones. I think they are caused by the extreme humidity we are having.

I keep getting anxious they will want to shake my hand and will see or feel the bumps, and I dies of shame each time I imagine that.

Do you think it would be weird to show up to an interview wearing gloves when it is 90 degrees outside? No, not weird at all.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Breena Ronan said...

OMG!!! I have that exact same problem! It took me a long time and several doctor visits to find out what it was. I'm so sympathetic, it makes me feel really self conscious when it flairs up.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger k8 said...

Oh no! That is worse than my stress-related flaky skin (recently my arms looked like they were molting). I hope it clears up soon!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home