.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.13.2007

My grades are all done, but ...

I can't do anything with them! I have no idea when they are due - which is okay for now, except I do have a couple issues:

1. a student needs an incomplete. Given that I've already gotten my last paycheck, I'm not super motivated to do any more on this class (even though I do really like the student and there is a really good reason for the incomplete - she even sent me a pic of her in the hospital - poor thing). I'm tempted to just give her the grade she has earned to date - but want to learn more about how I would go about changing her grade later (at my grad school it was a horribly involved process that involved actual paperwork and deans). But...

2. I don't even know what my grade options are. I can find nothing on-line for this school - and the form isn't multiple choice (it's fill in the blank). I *do* know, for example, that you can't do an A+. But I don't know what the other grades available to me are. In particular, I don't know what to do with students who never did anything, but never dropped. I've emailed a bunch of people, and they all send me to other people - and the people who have the information are not responding!

By the way, oatmeal made in my rice cooker using the beauteous and yummy sounding "porridge" setting is amazing (I used soy milk instead of water). It is way better than when I do it on the stove or when I nuke it. It is much richer and creamier - and it is cooked perfectly. I realize it is too hot for hot oatmeal - but I wanted something filling and that was what I ended up craving.

4 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

If I were you, I'd call the registrar's office. It is more than likely whomever answers the phone will have the answers, as your questions are basic information and not exactly complicated or in need of an actual decision :).

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I've been getting all excited about porridge (or "oatmeal") too. (See me, as usual, fail to address the actual point of your post in favour of focusing on the food).

The last few days I've been using a mix I made myself with oats, chopped up almonds, chopped up dried apple, and cinnamon. Super yummy, and way cheaper than buying fancypants instant porridge with the fruit already in.

Last week I was adding chopped banana and dates to my porridge, but you can't make that up as a dry mix in advance like you can with the apple and almonds.

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Ookami Snow said...

I never though of making oatmeal in a rice cooker... interesting.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

yeah - I know about the registrar. The issue is that I needed information from the department.

styley: that mix sounds good! A bakery in town puts dried cherries in the oatmeal, along with dried currants, almonds, and pecans. Yummy.

ookami: it makes it perfect! Try it!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home