.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.19.2007

Oh Hillary, why? For the love of dog, why?

Hillary announced today that her campaign song is "You and I" by Celine Dion. Most horrifyingly, I had to learn this not by reading it, I had to go to her website and get Celine Dion blasted from my computer. Gag!

6 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger dr four eyes said...

Ew.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Ick!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Eddie said...

That's too bad; her husband's song was actually pretty good.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

I know! I don't know if the song itself is good - or fitting - but she at least should have gotten someone else to record it - like the white stripes or something. Update it a little. In fact, that would be genius as it would appeal to the celine dion dempgraphic due to the song, but a younger or hipper demographic by using a better singer/band.

John Edwards has a good song too - but I can't remember what it is.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Bella Sultane said...

I *know!* I was pretty disturbed by the whole thing, too.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

oh my god, no she didn't! I totally didn't vote for that one!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home