.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.04.2007

"The plague's but the inflammation of our sins-

greed, wantonness, pride, blasphemy, despair, doing evil because it is evil."*

It is not bad enough that my hands have erupted in pussy pestilent buboes - but now I have a zit emerging from the very tip of my nose! Are these inflammations of my sins? Do I believe in sin? If I don't believe, might my skin believe anyway?

Please skin - please, just behave until after my interview - then you can do whatever the hell you want!


* From the play "Red noses" by Peter Barnes - a brilliant play about 1348 France and the Plague. When we put it on, we put the songs in it to contemporary music - like the song, "Day of wrath O' day of mourning, see fulfilled the prophets warning!" was to "The hustle." The Flagellants sung a song to "Chain chain chain" (except their song was "Pain pain pain!").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home