.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.01.2007

Please to excuse Shrinky...

I had a horrible sinus headache all day yesterday that turned into a blinding and nauseating migraine overnight. I had intended to grade papers yesterday and this morning - but I just couldn't with all that head pain. So, papers won't be ready to hand back today (luckily I didn't promise this - I just had it as a personal goal) - could someone write a note for me to take to my students?

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

I have the same problem! Damn sinuses!!!!!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger k8 said...

Dear Darling Students,

Be forewarned. I am suffering from a debilitating headache with accompanying nausea. I feel as if I've been dragged at high speeds through the deepest depths of the river styx. Do not ask if I have your papers 'done.' Do not petulantly stare at me when you hear my answer to the aforementioned question, lest you awaken the wrath of shrinky, a wrath befitting the most terrifying wraith and baneful of banshees!

How's that for a letter;-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home