.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.14.2007

Wait, Donald Trump's a misogynist? Who knew?

Trump is reportedly starting a new reality tv show called (get this) "Lady or a Tramp." Young women who misbehave by partying too much will be sent to fricking "charm school." Oh yes, that sounds like it is completely woman friendly, doesn't it? I mean, after all "tramp" isn't a derogatory term for a woman.

I've been watching dvds of the show "Bones" which I thought I would really like as I love Zooey Deschanel (her sister plays the lead) and David Boreanz (sp?) from Buffy and Angel. But the show is offending me due to the constant exhortations to the lead (Emily Deschanel, aka "Bones") to be good, to be nice, to have some social skills. I guess it wouldn't annoy me so much if it was other women who kept saying this to her - but it is always the men. I hate this dynamic - even though she is smart and very good at what she does - because she is not warm and nurturing, she constantly gets told what a naughty girl she is.

And now for some cuteness. This is why I want to go to San Diego right now! Look at those ears!


And this dog on the grown up puppy page is so cute! He is obsessed with golf balls.



And then this puppy, on the daily puppy page. So darned cute!

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

That first picture makes me think of the buttens from your dream. Very cute!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

They are kind of like my buttens! Oh I want a butten!

I actually got to see some of these little guys yesterday. I wanted to take them home.

And by the way, I think you are right about the Children of Ynell books. The thing is though that I don't remember anything about the plot - only the title of the second book (Wolf bells).

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home