.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

6.08.2007

Whines and anti-whines

Whine:  My laptop died.  It stopped powering up and then the battery died.

anti-whine:  it occurred just a couple days before payday.

whine:  it's the last payday until who knows when.

anti-whine:  I was asked to do some more editing work.

whine:  start date has not been confirmed, and even though it pays well, I have no idea how long they will need me and how many hours I may get.

anti-whine:  my laptop was fixed an hour after I dropped it off.

whine:  I couldn't pick it up until today due to $$.

anti-whine:  It only cost $97.00 to repair, which is a lot less than the $200.00+ I was anticipating.

whine:  that's still $97.00 I can't afford.

anti-whine: ???

whine:  I took my laptop to the starbucks across the street from the apple store to read blogs and just enjoy having it back.  It stopped powering up again.

anti-whine:  at least I was just across the street from the apple store.

whine:  Turns out that the powercord doesn't work now either.  New powercords are $79.00, and I have already gone through 5 of them!

anti-whine:  there is a cheaper version for $35.00 by macally through amazon.com.  I ordered it while I was at the apple store.

anti-whine:  whining to the apple genius that this would me my 6th powercord resulted in him giving me a used one for free.

whine:  it was too late to cancel the order for a new cord.

anti-whine:  at least I'll have a backup now. 

whine:  although I really can't afford to be purchasing backups of anything.

anti-whine:  when I placed the order for the cord through amazon, I also decided to order a book I have wanted.  It is used and was only $4.00.  It's a book from a series I loved as a kid and that I have tried to find for years and years.  I finally found it:  The Ring of Fire (The Children of Ynell 1) by Shirley Rousseau Murphy.  I'm curious as to what I think of it now. 

anti-whine:  I am sitting at a tea shop having an iced ginger green tea.  It is yummy.  And I am reading blogs.  Life is good.

anti-wine:  I finally figured out how to blog via email - it's great!

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

Is that the book where the kids who have some kind of magic powers are all persecuted, and the heroine who is helping them doesn't think she is one, but it turns out she is?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home