.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

7.19.2007

Further evidence I am a crazy cat lady...

Exhibit one: I watch "Last comic standing" pretty faithfully this season because there is a crazy cat lady comic on it, and I adore her. I almost wept when she made it to the next round tonight. I was also rooting for the very adorable, dorky british guy (who was wearing argyle!), but really, I only care about my crazy cat lady.

Exhibit two: Stinkerbelle is hiding under the bed because the thunder and lightning are scaring her. She's been under there for hours. This causes me to have to resort to song. Obviously. The latest song was to the tune "On my own" from Lez Miz. I wish I could remember my lyrics, but there was something about "and there she hides" "until it subsides." And the last line was, "I love her. I love her. I loooove, but she's un-der my bed!"

I don't think I need to present any more evidence to help y'all determine my verdict. Or is it my diagnosis?

And to give y'all somethign to look forward to, I am gearing up to write a scathing (or at least annoyed) post about this study that *everyone and their dog* are talking about - you know the one - the one about how girls (and obviously women) talk to each other about their problems, and that that is REALLY REALLY BAD and causes them to wallow and whine - and all sorts of bad stuff.

I've been reading the original article, and will post what the *real* take-home message ought be, and why we should take the findings (and the interpretations) with a grain of salt. Y'all are super duper excited, aren't you?

5 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Eddie said...

Heh! I'm glad I'm not the only crazy cat lady around here.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

I don't really see the problem here. That sounds like perfectly normal behavior to me (from the former crazy-dachshund lady).

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

I don't know what article you mean... *feeling left out*

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

oh, is this it?

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger dr four eyes said...

I heard a commentary/essay about the article on NPR tonight...without having read the article, I thought the commentary was fairly idiotic. Looking forward to your post.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home