.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

7.11.2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Anyone seen it yet? I was very disappointed, but this is also the very first time that I read the book right before seeing the movie - so all the inconsistencies really stood out and annoyed me. There were so many things I wanted to see (the nametags at the Ministry, the swamp that the weasley twins made, pidwidgeon, etc.) that were not even shown! I felt like the pathos and relationships just weren't there - and I would think that if you saw the movie, but had not read the boo, you'd be confused.

But Alan Rickman is so awesome, I can hardly stand it*. He makes me have an unnatural love for Snape. I also loved the casting choices for Looney Lovegood and for Umbridge. And, I want Umbridge's kitty plates so much, it hurts.

*I have loved him since Truly, Madly, Deeply - anyone seen it?

5 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Geeka said...

I like Alan Rickman as well. Particularly in Dogma.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

Oh yes! Truly, Madly, Deeply! He was the pain in the ass ex-boyfriend ghost. He was a riot! He can class up any role!

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous c'trix said...

That's how I felt about the last movie. They tried to do too much and it didn't hang together well. I love the books so much that I'll keep going to the movies even though they aren't very good and don't do the books justice.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Anastasia said...

omg, i am in love with alan rickman.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger RussianViolets said...

Oh, Shrinky, I adore Alan Rickman. He's so yummy -- and smart, too. *sigh* I swoon just thinking about him.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home