.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

7.21.2007

I finished Harry Potter a few hours ago, but...

I still keep crying - mostly because the series is over, I think (my crying is not related to much about the content - so don't worry if you've not read it yet, I'm not spoiling anything). It seems like a loss of something that has been an important part of life for so many years. I know Rowling is considering writing something else - if she does, I hope she moves to different characters completely. I'd like to see her books, too, focus on girls - strong girls who don't become idiotic crushed out moonies when hormones strike.

I feel completely exhausted now too - almost as if I'd been fighting Voldemort myself.

Stinkerbelle was such a trooper today - she did such a good job of entertaining herself, despite her having desperately wanted some cuddling at about chapter 7 - at which point I was too anxious and engrossed to take even a cuddling break.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous twirled said...

I understand your feeling. I have that feeling I get when I've done something really important to me or gone on a fun holiday and afterwards you have that depressed let down feeling cause it's over. Plus I read the book between 3 pm and 3 am and when I finished I was creeped out in the way you get creeped out in all HP books and had to sleep in the living room so I could fall asleep with a funny movie on.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home