.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

7.17.2007

More on Harry Potter

I re-read books 5 & 6 last week, and this week am reading books 1-3 (I can't find 4!). I just finished #1, and noticed an interesting detail I'd forgotten, or skipped over previously. Part of Snape's hatred for James has to do with James having saved Snape's life. I don't remember this ever coming up again - and wonder if it will be elucidated in the new book.

The more I think about it, the less I like the newest movie. I just keep remembering things that I had really wanted to see - like all the things in Sirius' house ... his mother screaming, the things they all have to clean, etc. And I'm still feeling upset that I didn't get to see the swamp.

3 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger lucyrain said...

I find myself disappointed in the movie, as well. Everything was such shorthand. I can't imagine what the non-reader makes of it--not that there are a whole lot of non-readers-who-watch-the-films out there.

On another note, go to my blog. I gave you a little sumpthin'.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Jody said...

(here via Phantom, and now wishing I could afford Fluevog shoes....)

James saved Severus from the whomping willow, when Severus was sneaking off to find out just what Remus Lupin was doing down there whilst they were all students. It's all hung together in those last rather confusing chapters of Prisoner of Azkaban. (I swear, I had to re-read those chapters three times to follow all the little twists.)

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I too was very disappointed that they didn't show the swamp. It seems like that would have been a pretty easy special effect.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home