.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

7.02.2007

My day in [mostly] numbers.

  • Number of hours I worked today... 13
  • Number of minutes I was allowed to take as a break...15
  • How that break was spent...in the conference room eating lunch? dinner? with everyone else and trying really hard to be socially acceptable, despite being burnt out and exhausted
  • How much I ate during this entire period: 1/2 sandwich*
  • How many hours of overtime I got: 5! Yes!
  • Percent guilty I felt when my supervisor asked me when I could come in tomorrow, and I answered, "Oh, I'd not been planning on coming in tomorrow given that you are turning the grant in first thing in the morning!": 65%
  • Number of hours I was away from my kitten: 15



* Now, I was thrilled that they bought me lunch - but I was told what I would be getting. And if I'd had my druthers, I'd have preferred something with some protein and some nutritional value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home