.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.07.2008

Good point, Hill!

Hillary was just interviewed by George Stephanopolous on Good Morning America. One of her points about Obama, with which I agree, is that he has not gone up against the republican machine. We have no idea how he will withstand that, and thus far he has rested on his own opinions of his work rather than an attack machine poring over his record. Can he, his public perception, and Obamamania survive that?

We know Hillary can, and I think Edwards has been in the public eye long enough to survive it too.

I'm overwhelmed again by strong sentiments of how awesome it would be to have a woman president (and NK, I wholeheartedly agree that as a woman candidate, she is between a rock and a hard place and cannot move in any direction without being called shrill or emotional or angry or whatever). I watched Chelsea a bit during the debate and wondered what it would be like to watch your MOM run for President. I hope Chelsea is proud.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home