.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.13.2008

Not sure of the logic behind this....

Why on earth - in the middle of winter - is McDonald's introducing a sweet (iced) tea? Who among my readers is having a hankering for iced tea?

I must also note that their plan to put espresso bars in McDonald's makes me no more inclined to go there. Frankly, if my baristas do not appear super skilled and knowledgeable about coffee and the care and feeding of coffee addicts, then I don't want an espresso drink from them. I want my baristas to know how to make good foam, to know about temperatures, to care about the coffee drinks they are making ... and I highly doubt that Micky D's baristas will be well-trained enough nor paid enough to do so.

4 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

The thing about McD's is that they are good at being consistent -- and making their equipment work toward their goal of consistency... so, the master barista needs to know what is going on and then translate that knowledge.

Not to say it will be good -- but, it will be convenient and consistent across stores.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

They've had sweet tea in the south for a long time.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I worked at a McDonald's that had an espresso bar. They train people specifically to work in that section, and it was more prestigious than working in the food section. It's definitely a significant step up in quality from the food, but probably not up to your standards.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Ookami Snow said...

Do I want sweet tea, or any iced tea in the winter: usually not.

Am I going to go to McDs for high end coffee? Probably not.

I don't know what they are doing, but then again they do make alot of money.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home