.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.14.2008

Someone should take this on as a challenge...

A few weeks ago, I had to call fed ex and see if they would fix a mistake made in shipping. The mistake was ours (but NOT MINE!) and I needed to see if fed ex would ship the package that was sitting in their warehouse.

As I was talking to the very unhelpful customer service dude, I flashed onto a commercial of their that highlights how they exemplify service - and points to all the ways they go above and beyond to get packages to their destinations, no matter what.

My experience with them would not make that commercial.

Then the other day I watched that annoying US Cellular commercial where that young woman is talking about having gone to college, which caused her to have to leave behind (and alone) her father who cannot read. She says he took his bill to US cellular because he couldn't read it - and the woman there now meets with him whenever he wants to go through his mail.

There's also a series of commercials for a drugstore where the pharmacists claim to do all sorts of personal tasks for people (like go to their homes, help them with medicare, etc.).

What would the sales people at US cellular do if I brought all my bills in for their help?

I think it would be awesome if some blogger took this on - took on all of these companies and these claims and tested how they responded when you do the things they say they do/have done in the service of helping customers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home