.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

9.26.2008

Does anyone else hate greeters?

I hate 'em. The chick at forever 21, the dude at Borders (I read books, ergo I am introverted - leave me alone!), the woman at the hospital where I work, the salesthings at bath and body works, etc., etc.

I feel like old people might like them - but not me. Anyone else?

4 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger AAYOR said...

I don't like them either.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I hate them, although not as much as I hate sales assistants in small shops who greet you and then watch/follow you around the whole store. People trying to interact with me makes me more likely to avoid the shop entirely.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger dr four eyes said...

Hate 'em. Will go out of my way to dart around them; failing that, I avoid eye contact at all costs.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

Depends on how you define "old" but I don't like them either. Nor the sales associates who want to be oh so helpful that they won't leave you alone....

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home