.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

10.10.2008

Is there a convent for atheists?

My boss told me yesterday that I should join a convent - she said then I would be protected from the world and supported, and I could do my weird little projects and make things and read, and be kept safe.

At first I was offended, then I thought she was likely right. But there's no such place for someone who isn't devoted to a spiritual life or a god of some kind. Right?

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

That would be awesome! We should start one. We'd just have to find some people to tithe to pay for it...

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

a commune?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home