.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

11.05.2008

I'll be able to say I was there.

Years from now when they ask where I was when the first black president of the US was elected - I'll be able to say I was right there - in Chicago, in the park, at the rally cheering him on.

Today, I am proud to be an American. And it is damned nice to be a democrat today - for the first time in a long long time.

Did anyone else think Sarah Palin's pause before the podium as she was exiting the stage was indicative of a desire to stop and say something? I was reminded of Eva Peron for a moment.

Don't cry for me Wasilla!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home