.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

11.02.2008

Out of curiosity...

Where do you have family? People are always surprised that I have family in the south ... they'd likely be even more surprised that some of my family lives(lived) in trailers. I'm curious how spread out and diverse of location others' families are. Here's mine (present and past):

New Hampshire
Vermont
New York
New Jersey
Maryland
North Carolina
Florida (my dad grew up there - that's why there is family there, not because people retired there!)
Georgia (past)
Michigan
Minnesota (past)
Nebraska
Montana
Washington
Oregon (past)
California
New Mexico (past)
Maui
Australia (past)
Cameroon (past)
Upper Volta (past)
Papua New Guinea (past)

2 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Froxilanthi said...

Wow, your family has made the rounds! :-)

Good question. I hadn't ever thought about it as a list.

My briefer geneageography:

Texas
Ontario, CAN (past)
Arkansas (past)
Illinois
Louisiana (past)
Greece
Oklahoma (past)
Hawaii
California

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I'm curious about the PNG and Cameroon. How did they end up there?!

I guess I'm not sure how to count for mine. Do you count family you know of but have never met? I mean, my mother has cousins and aunts in England, but I don't think of them when I think of family because I don't even know their names... And I have really distant cousins in Charlotte, and in New York, but I've only ever talked to them via Facebook!

Otherwise they are all in New Zealand, but spread right through the country from one end to the other.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home