.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

11.02.2008

random things

  • Does anyone else read jezebel? I'm officially in love with that site.
  • My grandfather's cancer has spread to his liver - the hospice nurse gives him days/hours.
  • which means he won't make it for thanksgiving or my bday.
  • I ended up not leaving my job because the new one was reneging on promises they made me and I started learning that it is a volatile and temper-laden workplace.
  • Unfortunately, my boss has decided my contract will not be renewed in january - which means I have no job after january 15th
  • i've been applying to jobs like crazy, and all I'm getting are rejections.
  • my boss has now decided she wants her best friend (at work) to have my job and has given me the option of either taking her best friend's job until jan 15th or to be sent home until my contract runs out.
  • i feel like taking that job is the best chance to possibly have a job after january (because hopefully they would like me and would want to keep me) - but it is not a job I want
  • because part of what I have learned is that the jobs I want right now require a year or two more experience in my current position (or one like it) than I have
  • i am really regretting having turned down the other job
  • but it felt like the best thing at the time
  • i never expected my boss to turn on me this way
  • at the same time - I am so done with all the over-the-top emotional stuff - the scapegoating, the refusing to speak to people, the cruelty, the yelling, the name calling, the threats
  • i wish I could just switch jobs right now
  • but i also wish my boss would realize that i am the only one who can do my job
  • but i think I need to give up - things will never get better
  • partly because some of my tasks have been given to a co-worker who is desperate for my job (nice) and to be chummy with my boss- and she keeps complaining to my boss about me (even though I'm not doing ANYTHING)
  • so I keep getting yelled at, threatened, and blamed
  • things suck, so I'm watching a lot of movies.
  • I'm on an Apatow kick right now - loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall and the canceled tv series Undeclared
  • although i watched superbad yesterday and didn't really like it
  • I also watched Sex and the City - the movie. That was horrible.
  • I saw Penelope last weekend - and want to own her room, her wardrobe - I loved that sweet and quirky movie. It wasn't brilliant or earth shattering - but it was adorable.
  • i also saw persepolis, which I strongly recommend.
  • it was not solely interesting because of the perspective on Iran - but also because of the interesting insights on emigration, fitting in, and home.
  • has anyone heard the joke that whoever wins on wednesday is going to demand a recount? hilarious.
  • is it wednesday yet? I can't stand the anxiety and am too worried to hope.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I know that Novembers are difficult for you, so I am sorry to hear that your grandfather's health has deteriorated further.

I love Jezebel -- great site -- and I liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall & Persepolis, too.

I'm really sorry to hear about the work stuff, too.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home