.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

11.03.2008

Weird

I'm on the Obama rally waiting list. The Obama campaign called me and said I could get in if I went down to Indiana and campaigned for him.

I turned them down. It probably would have been fun, actually, But it is weird to me to have that kind of catch.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Froxilanthi said...

Makes sense to me, and I don't think there's "catch." Typically, candidates extend invitations for election-night events only to their high-roller contributors, campaign employees, personal aides, and heavy-duty volunteers, so it's already surprising that the Obama organization is hosting such an essentially public gathering, security issues notwithstanding. That they're awarding the coveted waiting-list tickets only to those who've worked for his election very minimally is really pretty awesome.

That said, my mom has an extra ticket, but I don't know how she could get it to you at this late date. If you're going to be anywhere near Oak Park or Austin, let me know at froxilanthi68-at-live-dot-com and leave me your phone number by 4PM CST so she can contact you.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home