.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

12.10.2008

A weird thing about my interviews

I've been on a few interviews of late - and in every single one, the others talked far more than I did. In a couple, I was not asked a single question. Often they would talk on and on and then ask if I had any questions. I felt self-centered for trying to talk a little about my skills! Afterwards I would realize that it was an interview (duh!) and they focus needed to be at least partly on me and what I could bring to the job.

Has anyone had this experience on interviews?

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I have. And usually it's been a good sign. If you are a good listener, people like you. If you let them talk, they rate you highly. They have your CV for your specific skills. If they don't have any more questions for you, it might mean they plan to hire you.

(Every job interview I've had that has gone like that, I've been offered the job.)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home