.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

1.10.2009

Weather why?

It has been snowing all day here. Non-stop. Total accumulation is supposed to be 5-10 inches (yay!).

My landlord is now shoveling the snow on our sidewalks for the second time today.

I don't understand that (and also don't understand why he doesn't buy a snowblower given that he has multiple properties).

Personally, I'd wait till it stopped and then shovel. I'd rather have one really hard job than multiple hard jobs.

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

No you don't want that!

We get snow in feet in my neck of the woods, a person would be out all day shoveling if they didn't do it in intervals!!!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger hypatia said...

I get why your landlord is doing multiple iterations (not why he doesn't own a snowblower though!). If the snow is heavy it can be nearly impossible to shovel once it's deeper than 3-5 inches. I discovered that the hard day last winter when we got 12 inches or so of heavy snow over two days. It took from feb-may before that mistake was fully melted away, even with rounds of shoveling and ice-whacking in between.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger k8 said...

What the others said! I've been shoveling frequently because I can't handle heavy heavy snow. Plus, we are expecting very low temperatures later in the week, so I'd rather not be outside shoveling when the real temp is in single digits and the wind chill is even less. Better to keep up with it!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home