.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

shrinkykitten

"...another reason I'm intrigued with the hanged of Salem, especially the women, is that a number of them aroused suspicion in the first place because they were financially independent, or sharp-tongued, or kept to themselves. In other words, they were killed off for the same sort of life I live right now but with longer skirts and fewer cable channels." Sarah Vowell, The partly cloudy patriot.

2.03.2009

Pet peeve

It's really annoying when you start a new job and you ask a question like, "Where can I find more information on the departmental calendar?"  and someone emails you back saying, "Do you mean the executive datebook of the university department Y3 annual?"
 
If I meant that, or knew what the f*&$ that meant, I'd ask it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home